Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 18 November 2023

Turbulence



The Aire was as full as it could be without actually flooding after Storm Debi, our fourth named storm in a few weeks. Honestly, it feels as though it has been raining almost constantly since mid-July, save for the odd sunny day here and there. The newly-laid riverside path was inundated in a few places so my walk was a bit of a paddle in parts. The water has a lot of power when it is like this, and I'd be worried if I lived in one of those riverside properties as there is no sign of a let-up in the rain and there is flooding up in the Dales. Along with the high water, there were a few trees down in the woods. The wind has been gale force, although it was strangely calm by the time I went out. I had to limbo nimbly under some branches blocking the path - not easy when I had a good many layers on, which made it harder to bend - though it actually wasn't as cold as I'd expected due to the lack of wind. Bin collection day tomorrow (as I write this) so let's hope the wind stays away or everywhere will be littered

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't like to be looking out of my front room window and see that lot rushing past. It's been wet here, but nothing like what other parts of the country have experienced. Lets hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you've got the extra water we're missing! I'm thinking now of conserving water use, though our county hasn't been declared in drought yet. But nearby ones have. I like seeing water rushing over stones...and there's a certain level of aerated water that is enjoyable for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thar water looks so powerful.

    ReplyDelete