Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 23 November 2023

Keeping the ball rolling


Off to Leeds again with my camera club's mono group... I was actually in the mood for colour, but out of respect for the group I have converted a few of my photos to mono. We took the water taxi from the rail station to Leeds Dock and had a wander round this interesting area, which is a mixture of residential, business and a tourist destination, home to the Royal Armouries Museum. It was surprisingly cold, so my images possibly show signs of incipient hypothermia! (Note to self: Should dig out my proper winter coat!)

I've photographed this sculpture - 'A Reflective Approach' by Kevin Atherton - a few times. It illustrates man's struggle with life, a Sisyphean task. It also illustrates my struggle with photography, as the reflective sphere is both fascinating and annoying to photograph and process. It's a battle, for a start, to hide yourself as the photographer so that it isn't 'a selfie'. The reflections of the surroundings are at the same time intriguing and also a bit 'busy'. I can never decide whether to go high key (light) or low key (dark) in the processing. Sisyphean, for sure! 



4 comments:

  1. Amazing that you don't appear in the reflections! Good job on that. And it's a very poignant sculpture...glad you did the B&W rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sculpture and your shots of it are great.

    ReplyDelete