Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 27 November 2023

Eye catching


When I'm walking around somewhere like Leeds Dock with my camera, I rarely have a preconceived idea of what I'm going to photograph, finding it better to let the surroundings 'speak to me' and see what catches my eye. Sometimes the collection of images that results is extremely random, though overall it was colours and shapes that were waving at me this time.  

The sign made of fancy fonts (above) was in a window near the studio from where the live Channel 4 weekday TV show 'Steph's Packed Lunch'  has been broadcast for the past three years. A 'magazine' mix of news, interviews, cookery and consumer advice, hosted by Steph McGovern, it had a shaky start because of the Covid lockdown and I understand it has recently been axed. 

When the sun came out, reflections in the water were bright and interesting. 



I was intrigued by the reflections in windows too. Inevitably these modern buildings have large areas of glass that mirror complex and repeated shapes and colours. 




Some scaffolding with bright netting caught my eye... 


as did the swooping shadows of the chain fencing. 

 

4 comments: