Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 5 May 2023

Roberts Park in blossom time


I was inspired by some artwork I saw in a gallery recently to have a play with layering some of my images into collages. It's a new kind of challenge to learn what works and what doesn't and how to blend different images together effectively. These things are always harder than you might think! The image above is by no means perfect. I'm not sure that the scale of the statue and the bandstand work together, although I didn't mean for them to look like one photo. I should maybe leave more of an obvious border between the images... Anyway, there's no such thing as perfection. It's about having fun with the process and stretching myself, both technically and creatively. I shall keep on trying, in the never-ending quest to produce some work that truly expresses my response to my surroundings. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice one. I've tried this dozens of times, but never come up with anything as good as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Very dream-like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite lovely. But there are actually two statues...so perhaps leave one out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you have done a fine job with that one. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete