Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 18 May 2023

Hirst Wood bluebells

The UK weather is very changeable at the moment, often showery but dotted with the odd bright, sunny day that promises summer even if the air temperature isn't feeling it yet. On just such a day I had a walk through Hirst Woods, where the bluebells were about at their peak. I know Vicki, in particular, loves them so I took a few more pictures especially for her. (You can never have too many bluebell pictures!) The patches of bright sunlight tend to wash the colour out but the flush of blue is still really pretty. The terrain in Hirst Wood is a lot flatter than Lob Wood (see Tuesday's post) so the carpet effect, fading off into the distance, is more pronounced. Did you know that the UK holds about half of the world's population of bluebells?

I begin to feel I'm measuring out my life in 'bluebell time'... it doesn't seem long since this time last year! Even more reason to enjoy and make the most of it. It's my favourite time of year. 


4 comments:

  1. They are just beautiful. I never see them here. They were one of my mother's favourite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to live close enough to see these!

    ReplyDelete