Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 15 May 2023

On the bench

April's theme for my online photo club was fairly terrifying for me... We had to take photos of 'people that we don't know, sitting on benches'. I rarely take pictures of people and rarely take candid shots so it was a challenge. First up was a lady reading a book, beside the canal. I was on the bridge above so there was little chance of her seeing me. It helped that she was wearing a bright red jacket. 

Then I tried one from above and behind. Again, less chance of being spotted. Four folk just 'watching the world go by'... (Which reminds me of when I was a child, sitting with my family on a bench at the seaside. My sister and I got bored and wanted to leave but my parents told us to 'sit and watch the world go by'. After quite a long time of this, my sister asked impatiently: 'When is it coming?') 

My third subject was the groundsman at the cricket club, taking a rest, perhaps contemplating the coming sports season, or remembering past glories - who knows? I stood a fair way away with a long lens! 

Then I got bold and shot from the hip whilst trying to pretend I was fiddling with my camera, capturing a young couple chatting over a takeaway coffee.  It needed straightening up in processing - but not a bad effort! 

The cycling couple having a breather on a bench (again caught with a long lens) were eye-catching in their brightly coloured hoodies. 

Well, at least I tried. 

3 comments:

  1. These are good. They had no idea that you were even there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that 1st woman best. I'm like you and rarely take shots of people.

    ReplyDelete