Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 24 February 2021

All the Bs


I'm reduced to taking photos of really quite ordinary scenes these days. There is little colour or beauty to be found. Doesn't everywhere look rough just after the snow has melted? 

This is a view from Dowley Gap Lane where it passes over the Bingley Bypass. When our lockdowns first started last year, there was a sudden huge drop in the amount of traffic. As time has gone on, the amount has increased but, even so, I think it's not up to normal levels. It will be a big shock when the roads become congested again. 

The Bypass skirts the clubhouse and pitches belonging to Bradford and Bingley Rugby Club (right of photo).  'The Bees' are a class outfit, in the top 10% of English Rugby Clubs. They have a proud history. The world famous Barbarian FC, an invitational rugby club, was founded in Bradford in 1890 and there is memorabilia in the Bees clubhouse.   


6 comments:

  1. Will people remember how to drive on our congested roads when they get back to normal?
    I'm not sure how the rugby club justifies its claim to be in the top 10% of rugby clubs (alphabetical order perhaps?) What they ought to be very proud of is that they were the first club to have a mixed-ability team for people with physical and learning disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traffic seems to be increasing here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly the day temperature climbed to +18C. with lovely sunshine. So, I rushed out and weeded my entire front flower beds, and now I am shattered. Better days are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also can see a big highway near me...out my windows at this time of year with the trees bare. It is quite busy, with interstate travel. The noise has been diminished as I had windows closed all winter, but today I've got fresh air from 65 or so degrees coming inside, and again I get to hear the traffic off in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mix of skies fascinates me.

    One of my friends noted that there was a time last April where one could lie down on the busiest street in the city without fear of being hit by a car- that's how much the traffic flow had disappeared at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes all traffic was lessened with COVId Lockdowns but now our roads are congested again even more so than before because no one is going on overseas travel so they are all here working and holidaying locally. It is hard to book up accommodation anywhere. Loads of southerners are migrating to Queensland because we did so well at keeping Covid out of the community. House prices are going through the roof.

    ReplyDelete