Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 15 February 2021

Goodbye blue sky


Of late, the most colourful skies have been at sunrise - and I'm rarely up and never ready to go out at that time of day, being an avowed night owl rather than a lark. I had a late walk around the park one evening. There wasn't much of a sunset but the sky was certainly interesting above the cricket field, with fluffy little clouds in a blue sky, settling into a band of heavier stuff and even a little rain shower happening, somewhere over Bingley way. It looked almost as though the sky was draining away down a plughole! 

5 comments:

  1. You remind me that the other end of the day can also be worth seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have to work the "Middle Watch" from midnight until 4AM. The nicest part was eating my "dirty breakfast"of bacon and eggs and hot tea as I stood on the aft deck of my tanker watching the red tropical sun suddenly arrive to mark the new day. We passed through the Indonesian chain and a classical uninhabited tropical island with palm trees and beautiful sandy beaches. Said the Nav Officer next to me "There are hundreds of them most have not go a name." So I said, "Beautiful island, I hereby name you Peter Woods Island". Unfortunately I forgot to ask the 2nd Deck Officer its latitude and longitude, so now I own a wonderful island but have no clue where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, see the ends of days frequently...and am already tucked into my apartment. I enjoyed Peter's comment. Wonder if you'll get a more interesting one from your day draining away photo!



    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely see the sunrise either and we have not been having any great sunsets lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes see sunrises. These days sunsets are elusive as most of our days are clouding over, like today.

    ReplyDelete