Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 11 February 2021

Joined-up thinking


The late afternoon light on Salts Mill was lovely. I'm so glad I live near to this amazing, historic building that people come from far and wide to see and explore. I do, however, have more than enough photos of it, in all lights and in a variety of weather conditions. So here I tried something different. It's my first attempt at this kind of 'joiner' photo. I need more practice! 

And here's a layered, impressionistic image, taken from the spot where everybody stops to photograph the south frontage. I think these tend to look better seen bigger. Too small and they just send your eyes funny! (You can click on it to make it a bit bigger.) 

3 comments:

  1. A good subject for your first effort, I'm sure Mr Hockney would approve. A colleague of mine did a huge joiner of children doing games and physio in our school hall and I'm on it (twice!). I wonder if it's still displayed on the way to Reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. It will be fun to try a joiner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is an impressive building. I do like your takes on it.

    ReplyDelete