Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 2 December 2020

I've looked at clouds from both sides now

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

I was reminded of that song by Joni Mitchell recently, as I marvelled at the reflections of clouds in the water of the canal on a bright day. I'm not good at recognising cloud types, despite the best efforts of my beloved Geography teacher, who I recall, once took me outside on the way out of our morning assembly to look at a 'mackerel sky'. Well, I know this wasn't a mackerel sky. I think they might be cirrus clouds that presage a change in the weather. 


4 comments:

  1. The streaky ones are cirrus fibratus while those that form in lines are cirrus undulatus, but whatever you call them and whichever way you look at them they are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of clouds! But they also include water reflections. what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great reference to the song!

    ReplyDelete