Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 5 December 2020

Small pleasures

I opened the curtains one day and noticed these bright little jewels of leaves for the first time, spraying out from behind the railings of the property opposite. Perhaps it was the way the light was striking them that made them stand out suddenly - or perhaps I was just in a receptive frame of mind. Anyway, later in the day I went across and took a photo. As I crouched down on the pavement, a passing stranger looked at me as though I was nuts but I don't care! 

I keep reading about mindfulness and, in these pandemic days, I have been seeking to cultivate the habit, walking with my eyes and heart open. Thus it was that I observed how the low sun shone through a small shrub by the locks and turned it into a 'burning bush'. 

I spotted these large daisies, beautifully counter-pointed by the rough stone wall behind, still blooming brightly despite it being nearly the end of November.  


In the woods, I spied a little door at the foot of a tree. I always thought there may be elves living in the forest, though I've yet to see one!   
All small pleasures and true joys. 
 

4 comments:

  1. What great photographs...those leaves are always difficult to capture (for me anyway) and I'm so happy to see a fairy/elfen door in the woods. But what is wrong with those crazy daisies at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a photographer's eye tone able to see small pleasures around you.

    ReplyDelete