Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 3 December 2020

Cheer you up yellow


The bottom end of Westgate in Shipley is far from being an attractive 'entrance' to the town centre, but this tree's autumn yellow was doing its best to cheer things up. It's quite a nicely shaped tree too, I think. Funny how sometimes you notice things more than others. I don't usually give the tree more than a glance but I suppose it is rather shouting 'look!'  Further up the street you can see our modernist market hall and its square clock tower - a 'Marmite' (love it or hate it) structure for sure. 

5 comments:

  1. I think, on careful consideration, that I prefer the tree to the Gulag-style watchtower at the end of the street. (I like Marmite though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still had to look up Marmite...which concluded for me that you'd already given me the definition as to how you used it...love it or hate it. Then I agree that the tree is a great shape, and the bell tower is certainly out of character from the rest of the town's architecture. I like good tasting nutritional yeast...doubt that it's the same as brewer's yeast for flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm happy. I like Marmite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried marmite once and am not a fan.

    ReplyDelete