Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 18 December 2020

Merry and bright

There seem to be quite a few of Saltaire's Advent windows this year that look just as good in the daylight as at night. The one above is one of them. At night it has twinkling lights that emphasise the 'snow globe' effect but when I passed by one afternoon I still really liked the simple and colourful design. Since it has been such horrid, wet weather most evenings, I haven't been inclined to go out with my camera and tripod on the slippery streets. Taking pictures of windows in the day means you can't avoid the reflections but on these two I don't think they are too intrusive. 


This second one is a warm and cheerful fireplace - and that looks like Santa's boots just sliding down.  It's designed by Bea (8) and her sister Nuala (6), aided and abetted by their grandparents. I think it may be animated at night but I haven't seen it in the dark yet. On the mantlepiece is a replica of the family's 2015 window, created by their artist mum, the late Elizabeth Chambers, which had the children riding the alpacas in Roberts Park. 

Finally, you may recall I recently showed a photo of some ladies decorating a Christmas tree outside the Methodist Church (HERE). Well, it seems they made a pretty good job of it: 



5 comments:

  1. These Christmas windows are so attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my cat will definitely destroy that pretty Christmas tree :c
    I hope the cats around that neighborhood are friendly enough to the tree xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely windows...that looks like a live tree. Either live or not, hanging decorations outside does require some design efforts. Keep safe, warm, and enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ladies did a very good job.

    ReplyDelete