Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 20 December 2020

It's a wonderful life

It is really, isn't it, despite everything it's thrown at us this year? 

Another simple, graphic and powerful Advent window from the village trail, referencing a classic and brilliant film (which, I note, is being shown on TV again - in the UK - on Christmas Eve afternoon, on Channel 4). 

Giving thanks for all my wonderful friends: those I meet in the flesh, those I haven't seen for ages and those I'm never likely to meet except online. All treasured in different ways. 

 

9 comments:

  1. It seems that a lot of people will be watching TV this Christmas, most of them without their friends. Here's to a better year in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read "It's a wonderful life" I think of that wonderful man, Louis Armstrong.
    He brought joy into so many peoples' hearts! "They're just saying, I love you....."

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree! gotta keep on counting all the blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to watch it on Christmas Eve night...got a box of tissues ready at hand. Hope you enjoy the returning of the sun with Winter Solstice...more daylight for the next 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are fortunate, indeed, to have our virtual fiends in these times of isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that once in a while we do need to be reminded, or remind ourselves, that it is a wonderful life, despite COVID. A perfectly wonderful part of my life is sitting next to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our friends are our treasures, and the window design is handsome.

    ReplyDelete