Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 24 October 2024

Gratitude


Heavy rain in the morning and a forecast of high winds in the afternoon seemed to presage a day indoors. In the event, the skies cleared and there was a super bright, sunny spell early afternoon, which made me abandon the women's football match I'd been watching on TV and hurry out for a walk. The skies were such a clear blue and the sunshine made the autumn leaves glow. So much beauty in our ordinary places... I spent the walk in a profound state of gratitude for being right here, right now.  







On arriving at the Victoria Road bridge over the canal, my gratitude took a bit of a tumble... It seems that Northern Gas Networks, in their wisdom, have scheduled gas works on the canal towpath towards Shipley, starting the very same day that the towpath closure begins in the opposite direction from Hirst Lock. Typical! So it looks like all walks along the canal, apart from the short stretch from Saltaire's centre to the lock, will be out of bounds for a while. Ho hum. 

Never mind. It will just encourage me to explore some of the lesser trodden paths locally, like I did during the Covid lockdown.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh I loved several of these photos taken along the path. Sorry there are so many constructions happening to your normal walking paths. These are great fall photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot with the leaf covered path beside the canal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean about this feeling of profound gratitude when you're at the right place at the right time! It often feels like that to me, and I look up to the sky and send a heartfelt "Thank you" upwards.

    ReplyDelete