Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 4 October 2024

Bin day


There's something so peaceful about sleeping cats. I find them quite compelling. When it's a marmalade cat on a blue bin, it has the added advantage of a good colour combination. 

It must have been 'bin day' in this neighbourhood. 

It always made me laugh that, once I retired, 'bin day' was how I used to measure the week. I was quite good at remembering to put mine out on the right day, and the correct bin (of two - general waste one week and recycling the alternate week). During that weird period when we had Covid lockdown, putting the bin out became quite something to look forward to - and, if you were lucky, you coincided with a neighbour doing the same and could have a quick 'socially distanced' chat! Now I'm in my apartment, we have large communal bins so I don't need to remember 'bin day' at all. And they call to collect very early in the morning so I rarely even see the lorry. It feels, oddly, like a small loss... 

2 comments:

  1. How can you possibly get by without bin day? I have a weekly competition with my neighbour as to which of us can get out there first and put the bins straight after the binmen have given them a good shuffle. It's what being retired is all about.

    ReplyDelete