Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 7 August 2021

Staithes harbour

Yorkshire holiday 8 

Because it was so hot, I spent a lot of time in Staithes sitting on the beach, just watching the crowds of holidaymakers. There were a few boats offering sea trips and, when this trip boat returned to the harbour, I watched the skipper demonstrating how to fillet a fish. 

Meanwhile there were a few rod and line hopefuls fishing on the breakwaters.  Not sure whether they caught anything...


It was lovely to be by the sea for a change. I can sit for hours just watching the waves breaking, though, with no wind, the waves were rather tame. 


8 comments:

  1. There's always something worth seeing and photographing around harbours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can smell the salt water from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the one of the breakers...me too, would just sit for hours watching how water interacts with land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would join you just sitting and enjoying watching the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too-- I love to sit and watch the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sea air is nice even if the waves are small. Did you get fishnchips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It isn't very crowded there. I am used to crowded beaches in Florida.

    ReplyDelete