Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 26 October 2020

A drift of leaves


Like most children, I used to love shuffling along through a drift of autumn leaves. They make a lovely swooshy noise, don't they? Nowadays my swooshing is done visually, raking through with my eyes to find attractive combinations of shape and colour. I found a gorgeous pile of sycamore leaves along the pavement on the Coach Road. These are all 'found' images, rather than being arranged by hand. 

We've a competition scheduled at my camera club for a 'multi-image spread' so I may have to try a few more of these collages. 

6 comments:

  1. Sycamore trees are especially made for small boys being easy to climb. At the top of the tree these gorgeous leaves sighed in the wind and I could imagine that I had climbed the mast of a tall sailing ship at sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thought, swishing through fallen autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous autumn collage Jenny. Looking back at previous posts autumn looks very pretty in you part of the world 🍁💛

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weekend, I spent a wonderful couple of hours walking and crunching through downed leafs, so I know what you mean, Jenny. The leaf collages were great to see and collages in general are fun to prepare. God luck with the future camera club competition too.

    ReplyDelete