Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Local colour

I never feel quite as uplifted in the autumn as I do in the spring, but there are days when the light is dramatic and the colours are wonderful. Even very locally, there are some interesting effects in the foliage. There's a tree at the entrance to Roberts Park that looks as if someone has gone mad with a paintbrush: 

A rowan tree is turning red by degrees. I can't say I've noticed the half and half effect in previous years... 


In the allotments, there is an rather fine juxtaposition of a stunningly deep pink hydrangea and a sedum. The pink hydrangea is in itself quite unusual, as they are often blue round here; pink denotes alkaline soil and acid soil makes them blue, apparently. 
 

5 comments:

  1. That pink is amazing! I like the different moodiness that the first shot evokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley colors, the splashes of hues here and there this autumn feel spottier than usual, color here, not there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rowan tree, makes me want to paint it~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall trees are so beautiful but the spring flowers are hopeful and lead us into long warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first shot is quite dramatic.

    ReplyDelete