Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 12 October 2020

A JCB photo


My online photo group project for September was to take a photo in the style of the renowned landscape photographer, Joe Cornish. Well, if I could do that, I'd be a renowned landscape photographer myself, I guess, but anyway, I thought I'd have a go. Joe Cornish lives somewhere in North Yorkshire, so he often features the coast and North York Moors, often includes heather and often photographs at sunset or sunrise. He has a distinctive style that features a strong foreground (usually with a prominent JCB - a Joe Cornish Boulder), a middle ground and a background, all in focus. 

I had an errand to do in Ilkley one day (not at sunrise or sunset but never mind) so I decided I'd have a walk on the moor in search of a few boulders and a view. Not too difficult to find up there. I expect Joe's camera equipment is rather more sophisticated than mine but I did take my tripod with me, for once! The heather was just about finished, sadly, and I haven't got the hang of getting a landscape pin-sharp front to back. (I haven't the patience to work out hyperfocal distances or do focus stacking.) Nevertheless, I managed a few halfway decent images. This is my favourite. More jennyfreckles than Joe Cornish, no doubt, but who cares?

4 comments:

  1. We most definately prefer jennyfreckles. For me a JCB is a large yellow dumper truck. Your photos are always a perfect treat. Who else would lug a tripod all the way up to the Cow and Calf? That's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photo, intesting with the water there.

    ReplyDelete