Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 4 October 2020

An Ammonite Abstraction


An upcoming competition at the camera club has been focusing my mind on 'abstracts'.  I'm not sure if this really counts as one, as the ammonite shaping is still quite obvious. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying the colours, textures and shapes in this. It's mostly done on my phone, and is a combination of three different, blended images. Somehow using my phone for this kind of work is both easier and more freeing than using my big camera. 

5 comments:

  1. The artwork is beautiful. Perhaps morph the lines of the ammonite in some way or ammonite the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not particular in whether it's abstract or not, I just like it! But I do hope it's eligible for your submission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I can't do anything much on my phone so I am really impressed that you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed. I take more and more of my photos on my phone, but my mind is unfortunately too literal, so I never think to try creative images like this. Well done.

    ReplyDelete