Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 1 October 2020

Hebden


On my way back from my walk around Grimwith Reservoir, I really fancied a drink and an ice cream. I'd seen how busy Grassington was, so I decided to stop in the much smaller village of Hebden (not to be confused with Hebden Bridge, which is miles away in Calderdale!) It's a pretty village, now a conservation area, with houses clustered around a stream that runs down to join the River Wharfe. For a tiny village it has a lot of amenities: a hotel, a pub and a tearoom, not to mention the small church and a chapel.


Happily the tearoom was really lovely, with lots of seating outside in pleasant gardens. It is housed in what was formerly the village primary school. (I suppose any children in the village are now bussed to school in Grassington.) The tearoom was really well-organised to cope with the COVID situation, with well-spaced tables, plenty of hand sanitiser and other measures - so that it all felt very clean and safe. I really enjoyed my drink and ice-cream.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds a lovely little village. Like out of a story book.Glad you could safely have a drink and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the seventies an Australian earned a fortune from his little book with delightful photos of the "dunneys" spread across the outback of Australia. Jenny has such a fantastic collection of "Top Tearooms of Yorkshire" with photos your fortune awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty. Such a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did find quite a refreshing stop and who wouldn't like ice cream after a walk about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am left to wonder what kind of ice cream you got. Part of me thinks it would be a straightforward flavor like vanilla, but I think you have surprises in your make-up, too, so I am going for some kind of mixed flavor like butter pecan or mint chocolate chip.

    ReplyDelete