Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 1 September 2024

IKEA rainbow


In the process of moving house, there are some places I've been visiting far more frequently than usual. One of them is the municipal tip/recycling plant. (The guys there almost know me by name!) The other is IKEA. I had been to visit my sister and it was a long drive home, held up by congestion at roadworks on the motorway. There is a large IKEA store southwest of Leeds, just off the M62, so I decided to break the journey there, even though it wasn't long since my last visit. But there were a couple of storage items I needed and knew I could get there - and it has a café and loos. When I came out it was pouring with rain and I'd left my jacket in the car so I got soaked! There was, however, the most magnificent double rainbow I have ever seen, so near you felt you could almost touch it. So big that even my wide-angle phone could not capture more than half of it in one shot.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some rainbow! Magnificent is the right word for it.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    It's been ages since I've last been to IKEA; we have a big store here on the outskirts of town, but there hasn't been anything I needed or wanted recently (not moving house or redecorating or anything).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a beautiful photo…well captured! Shame that you got so wet! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never would have thought to look for the pot of gold at Ikea, but then again, they do have treasures galore!

    ReplyDelete