Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 16 September 2024

All the fun of the Fete


It was a super day for the Blackshaw Head Fete, pleasantly warm and dry with bright sunshine. Photographically speaking it was rather too bright and contrasty! I did my best with it.  

The Skiband play lively street music that had everyone jigging. 


The Giants of Cricket were walking around engaging children in games with a large, soft ball. 


There was a dog show with some interesting classes: 


I couldn't figure out whether this was the 'old dogs' or the 'rescue dogs' but either way I rather liked the collie. He didn't win a rosette but I thought he was gorgeous. 


There were all sort of folks dressed up and larking about - dragon ladies? 


Poodles? 


This was a huge music machine that allowed many players to drum and toot in harmony (or something like that!) Wonderful fun and very loud, lively jam sessions, with both adults and children joining in.


The patient and friendly local firefighters were there, letting the children climb into the machine's cab and crew space. Most kids love a fire engine, I think. 


There were also lots of stalls for local charities and enterprises and, of course, plenty of food stalls, drinks and ice cream. It was huge fun and a lovely family occasion for me and lots of others. Rather superior bunting too! A grand day out. 


6 comments:

  1. All those things to entertain children and what interests them most? A fire engine. There always used to be a police car at our school fete, which was also a magnet for the children. All went well until the big friendly policeman said to the children "Do you know what the police do?" and a small boy answered "They came and arrested my dad".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooo typical for kids :-D (I imagine his Mum wasn't too pleased...)

      Delete
  2. It really looks like a great day out for everyone, and the weather was perfect, too. I have never seen a music machine like that! An intriguing idea but I suppose I would have given it a wide berth; the older I get the less I can stand (disharmonic) noise.
    I am quite puzzled by the Ski band. What's the Ski part? Are they part of a skiing club or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still wondering about the Skiband. Any chance of a reply? :-)

      Delete
  3. What a fun day for all generations! I can imagine the music/sounds. The giant cricket players are fun, but I'd vote for the dragon queens...just being able to walk in their funny flipper feet would have been a trick. Of course the dogs must have been fun to watch too.

    ReplyDelete