Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 21 June 2024

More from the Himalayan Garden...


... just because it's so beautiful, with its engaging mixture of lush garden views, trees, planting and sculptures.

The Ting Pagoda is in fact classed as a sculpture, by David t'Hoen, and sits at the end of the Magnolia Lake, called after the magnolia blossom sculpture (Rebecca Newnham) floating on its surface. 

One of my favourite artworks is the exuberant Red Scarf (Carol Peace) whose coppery surface wonderfully catches the light. 

Oceanus, one of three pieces by Magda of Magdooska Creates, was a creative use of recycled glass and a bicycle wheel, which I rather liked.  


Love-in-a-Mist (Michael Kusz), the common name of a Nigella flower, was an attractive rendition of a flower that has a very complex structure. 



The few remaining azaleas in flower offered bright punctuations in the landscape. Blue iris were one of my mother's favourite blooms, glorious in colour and themselves quite sculptural in form. 


The metal stork and herons beside the lake were by an unnamed Zimbabwean artist. 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful gardens and sculptures that are shown well (at least from your photos). So many sculptures I see are crammed in and don't have that lovely simple background to be seen against.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I absolutely love your photography. Just when I think I've "seen it all" today's is simply breathtakingly beautiful. Since my favorite color is blue - today's offering simply makes my day. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place that is. The sculptures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete