Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 30 June 2024

Family time


I just celebrated my birthday. (Never really welcome these days but, as my sister says, better than the alternative!) My family came over and, as it was a lovely day, we walked into Saltaire and enjoyed the simple pleasures of ice cream and a ride on the Shipley Glen Tramway. I often wonder how many people, over the years, have walked along this low wall by the almshouses. It's a comfortable height and width and so you very often see children skipping along it. I love this photo. We're all young at heart. 

5 comments:

  1. Different times and different wall - but I remember doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful photo and I remember a similar wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture of a moment that does remind us all of our times wall-walking! Then someone thought of putting spikes on the tops of things so nobody could try it (and perhaps fall and sue!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have all done that at times. You will remember the day & this image.

    ReplyDelete