Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 17 December 2023

Advent Windows #1


As is now the tradition, Saltaire's residents and businesses have gone all out this year to create 'Advent Windows' throughout the village. One or two are revealed every evening from the first of December until Christmas Eve, the period of Advent, to make our own village Advent Calendar. This started in 2006 and has become a much loved feature of Saltaire. I know many regular readers of this blog have come to love them as much as I do, so I shall of course show a selection again this year. 

My first choice has these two angels with doves, and bright stars in the sky. I think these vibrant, bold but essentially simple designs are usually the most successful - certainly the easiest for clear photos. Its creator, Natalie, says she is 'wishing for love and peace in the world'. Aren't we all? 

All the windows, as they are revealed, can be viewed on the Saltaire Inspired website HERE.

5 comments:

  1. A sure sign that Christmas is getting near. I've noticed that this tradition is beginning to pop up elsewhere too - can only be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to seeing these windows on your blog!

    ReplyDelete