Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 8 December 2023

My view


Hot (well, cold really!) on the heels of the first snow, we had a little more overnight. It was very wet and the roads locally soon cleared but the same forecast persisted for a day or two. It rarely gets too bad here in the valley but higher up on the moors and dales it is usually far worse. 

For various reasons I wasn't able to go out to 'enjoy' the snow, too many tasks to do inside. I'm never very sure if I do enjoy it anyway! It's better when it is crisp and bright but it was the wet, slushy, misty kind of snowfall. So I stayed lingering luxuriously for a while in my cosy bed with a cup of tea and my iPad, before reluctantly rising and getting on with life. I like to open the curtains a bit and enjoy the lovely view of trees outside, always beautiful, in snow or none. The little orange patch that's visible is the netball post in the yard of the school opposite. After 25 years of it, I shall miss this view, though I will be able to see trees from my new flat. When I was looking for a new place, I realised that was a non-negotiable element.

5 comments:

  1. Good decision to enjoy the view and have your cuppa. I'm on my second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had more snow than we have had here in Toronto. Had a few cm yesterday morning that had melted by noon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a good view from where you live is a wonderful thing...high on the list of must-haves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty view especially from a warm and cosy place. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete