Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Salts Mill Christmas


I always enjoy a wander round Salt's Mill's galleries and shops and it is even more special just before Christmas. It has big, tastefully decorated Christmas trees - nothing tacky or overdone. At the weekends in December they have choirs or bands performing festive music in the 1853 Gallery, amongst the Hockney artworks, the books and art materials, and the precious Burmantofts pottery. When I was there, the Bradford Concert Band were playing, just a handful of musicians but in that vast, enclosed space the sound reverberates really strongly.  I was humming 'Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly' for hours afterwards! Fa la la la la la la la la!




4 comments:

  1. It's a great community space for all kinds of events. When I worked at the school our Christmas always began with a concert from the local Salvation Army band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how wonderful that space was when I visited. I came home with a few great books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any music in a nice big echo-y space is fun to listen to. That's a very nice tree.

    ReplyDelete