Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 21 August 2020

Making a statement


Such a vibrant colour! Neatly echoed, too, by the pink hydrangea in the tiny front garden. This is one of the larger and older houses in Saltaire, built around 1854. I actually love the colour, though I would be surprised if it is a 'heritage' colour. I know there are strict rules about alterations and repairs to Saltaire's listed buildings. (All the houses are Grade II listed.) Perhaps what colour you paint your front door isn't among them. 

6 comments:

  1. Love it but my first thought was it doesn't look like a heritage color. Perfect with the hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautfil door and yard.
    There are or were houses in the Burlington area, we use to call them Bernie houses because they are big Bernie Sanders fans. Bright beautiful colors of purple with colorful trims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very individual...and maybe a variation of maroon, when lightened up to a pink...though I'm just making excuses. It certainly didn't exist until the 1950s I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I'm glad that the color police don't have a say!

    ReplyDelete