Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 14 August 2020

All the greens


Walking along the canal towpath through Hirst Woods is, at the moment, like drifting through a mysterious green tunnel. The water is transformed and the green is bounced around by all the reflections. It feels almost as though I am swimming through a green haze. It's the height of summer here and within a very short time those greens will start to turn to yellows and golds. I really love living in a country that has such marked seasons.

Of these two photos, I much prefer the 'portrait' one below, but I've found a 'landscape' orientation for the first photo in a post works better to optimise viewing on mobile devices and social media, so I am trying to stick to that.


6 comments:

  1. I never feel that photography ever quite renders all the greens I see, but I keep trying! I agree that the second composition is the more pleasing of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these both...and I agree about cameras not capturing all the nuances of colors, it's very limited. Get out the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put a couple of pictures of Hirst Wood on FB earlier in lockdown (not a patch on yours). I called it my personal "Caras Galadhon".

    It's on my doorstep and I don't go down there often enough ...

    Love it - and your photos & observations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! And the reflection!

    ReplyDelete