Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 16 August 2020

Yeadon Tarn


On my way home from strawberry picking I decided to call at Yeadon Tarn for a walk. It looks really peaceful in my photo though in fact it's a popular spot. It has a wide tarmac path all the way round, making it a favoured destination for families and dog-owners. It's also a fishing lake so there were several anglers stationed around its perimeter, all taking it really seriously with masses of gear, tents and large trolleys for hauling everything back to their cars. 

The main runway for Leeds-Bradford airport lies at the far end of the lake. The pandemic has led to a huge reduction in air traffic so there were fewer jets taking off than you'd usually see. 

Given all the people out and about enjoying the warm day, you might have thought there would be some public toilets open and I was rather disconcerted to find the block was shuttered. It's one of the things that is beginning to frustrate me about the current situation. The lack of facilities anywhere means one has to be really thoughtful when planning trips out. I don't want to have to go into a pub (or book in a restaurant) with all that that now entails (leaving contact details etc) just in order to use the loos, but it does mean you can't plan on going far or staying out for hours. It looks like being an ongoing problem, since the virus isn't disappearing anytime soon. I do understand there are issues about keeping public facilities clean and hygienic but... (perhaps that's why all the fishermen had tents!!) Anyway, suffice to say my walk was taken at twice the speed I would usually have chosen and I didn't stop anywhere else before heading home! 

4 comments:

  1. I find that I tend to not have much to drink before heading out anywhere. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, Jenny to see the water photo and how you connected it with the lack of public restrooms available now. It's much the same here as well and my husband is the one who is very upset, as are many others, especially when we are walking in a park area and the portable potties have been removed or locked up. And we do find ourselves drinking less water when out and about because of this lack of facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you could pack a tiny loo for cats would that work discreetly in your car?

    ReplyDelete