One recent weekend, I decided to go to Skipton as I needed to restock on the very expensive eye drops I have to use. My optician sells them more cheaply than I can source them elsewhere. I chose to go on the train as Skipton has a market on Saturdays so it's always busy. Boy, was I glad I did! The town was absolutely heaving with people - and cars.
I had not realised it was Skipton Pride Day so the central car park was given over to a festival (meaning there were even fewer parking spaces than usual). I didn't wander round the stalls but there was a music stage and a small funfair.
It was a gorgeous day, warm and sunny without being too hot or humid. That brings the crowds out anyway. The pubs were busy and there was long queue for rides on the trip boat on the canal.
It was all rather nice, a good atmosphere with people enjoying themselves. I bought my eye drops - and a long, swishy skirt that will do nicely if we have any more hot weather (and whose purchase will probably ensure that we don’t!)



I love the composition of the 2nd photo, the way the three people stand with one in the middle and the other two having positioned themselves almost perfectly symmetrical by chance.
ReplyDeleteSkipton looks a nice, bustling place.
Looks most cheerful!
ReplyDeleteA great looking little fair! Loved that you knew to train there rather than deal with parking!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good day.
ReplyDeleteEin buntes, fröhliches Treiben. Sicher eine schöne Abwechslung nach dem Kauf der Augentropfen.
ReplyDelete