There was a Pride Festival in Bradford's City Park, a 'loud and proud' event celebrating our local LGBTQ+ community. It had a stage with live music and comedy acts, merchandise stalls and some local organisations offering support services.
People had come to enjoy themselves, with some very colourful and individualistic outfits on show. And I think they were deliberately 'on show', so I didn't really worry about taking a few street photos (although I tried to avoid photographing children).
The rather glamorous drag queen in the sparkly dress is known as Nova Gina, one of the event's hosts.
Music was provided by a number of different acts and bands. When I was watching, the main performer was Sam Ashby (Smashby), whom I rather took to - high energy and catchy pop music. He's a singer, Zumba instructor and was a housemate in the 'Big Brother' house on TV in 2025.
The act below is 'Lady Bushra' (aka Amir Dean), a British South Asian drag comedy character, quite funny and very professional. It strikes me as being rather courageous to personify such characters.
All good fun, though I didn't stay for the whole thing. (Waterstone's wonderful Bradford bookshop in the historic Wool Exchange was emitting its siren call!)








No comments:
Post a Comment