The evening light along the canal was rather gorgeous. It makes the honey-coloured stone of the mills glow softly. There's a lot of weed in the navigation but it doesn't seem to be stopping the boats (though I think many of the locks have also been closed due to low water, which does stop the boats.) There were a couple of quite smart wide-beam boats moored beside Salts Mill. One of them had a good crop of tomatoes and herbs in pots, which made an attractive 'still life'.
I also enjoyed the random 'still life' compositions to be found among the detritus floating in the water.
There are quite a few white feathers, presumably from these young swans who seem lately to have settled along this stretch of water. There are three near the mills and three further up, nearer to Hirst Lock, though I've occasionally seen them all together. I guess they are all from one family.




No comments:
Post a Comment