Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Post prandial


They say it's good to have a walk after dinner, to minimise the blood sugar spike from a big meal. Anyway, I'd had a less than active day, with a long drive and then some sitting at the computer so I persuaded myself out for a short walk, no more than half an hour down through Saltaire village and back. It was still quite warm and the light was attractive. 

Red pelargoniums on a warm evening, against a blue sky, seemed positively Mediterranean. 


On the other hand roses seem very English and there are plenty around. I loved the coral pink colour of those above. 


Rowan trees are full of berries - and rather early in their fruiting.  


I always assumed the tree (below) on the opposite side of Victoria Road, outside the old school building, was a rowan too but now I'm not so sure - or perhaps it's just a different variety. Either way, it currently seems to have more berries than leaves.


1 comment:

  1. Jenny, it might be a Whitebeam tree? They are related to Rowan. In Sweden we have a common one with the Latin name "Sorbus intermedia" (in Swedish it's called "oxel"), but I see that there is also a British variety "Sorbus aria" ... And perhaps there are other varieties as well.

    ReplyDelete