There was a stage with music at the Creative Earth Eco Fest at Cliffe Castle. I happened to be there when Anjaana were playing. They are a band formed in Bradford in the late 1970s, focusing on pure Punjabi folk and classic Bhangra rhythms. They were honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2025 UK Bhangra Awards. Led by artist Paul Chand, the group has spent over 50 years performing traditional South Asian music across the UK and India.
The (mostly) traditional instruments they are playing are (from left to right): dohl drum, tabla drums, a vaja - a type of harmonium - and a keyboard.
I really enjoyed their music.
Elsewhere in the park there was an elegant young lady teaching people some Bollywood dance moves, which are high energy and rhythmic. I loved watching her - though my own dancing skills are less than zero!





No comments:
Post a Comment