Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 26 September 2023

The yellow chair


There's a story here, isn't there? I spotted this trio of chairs in the Sunday School room of an old chapel and was immediately attracted to it. I guess the paint job is more recent than the sturdy chairs themselves. That acid yellow doesn't have a whiff of Victoriana about it and yet it still looks as if it's from a bygone era. What do you think? 1970s? 1980s?  

Just for a lark, I googled 'the yellow chair' and found an interesting article about Van Gogh's chair paintings. (HEREFor Van Gogh, empty chairs represented the person who would sit in them so, in a sense, they are portraits. 
Let your imagination run wild.... 

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I am always drawn to quirky chairs--I have a pink wooden chair in my closet, serving as a place to put things because there's not good place for it elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the makings of a Van Gogh, except of course the mental illness part!

    ReplyDelete