Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 22 September 2023

Back along the river


The return leg of my walk from Starbotton back to Kettlewell was a lot easier, strolling beside the River Wharfe as it meanders gently along the valley. It was a glorious day, though rather warm for walking. Never mind, a refreshing ice cream awaits in Kettlewell village so we can just enjoy the scenery. 




Altogether I did nearly 17000 steps according to my iPhone, so a little over 7 miles, I think. Incidentally, when I got home I noticed an odd rash on both my legs. It wasn't swollen, painful or itchy, just blotchy. After some research it turned out to be 'exercise-induced vasculitis' (also known as 'Disney rash' or golfer's rash as people get it walking long distances round Disneyland and golf courses!) It's not harmful and seems to be a collision of strenuous exercise, hot weather and age stressing your small blood vessels. It is fading now. Hopefully I won't get it again. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery .How nice to walk along the riverside. Weird rash. I used to get itchy hands after a long walk. It turns out to be quite common too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you...such distance! I'm always enjoying your steps that take us along for the views. The river looks quite calm, but the bank erosion shows that water must have power at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your last shot with the reflection of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete