Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 24 September 2023

A little ray of sunshine

I seem to have noticed a lot of sunflowers this year. My neighbour opposite has grown two huge ones in pots in her backyard. Ironically, I don't think she can even see them from her kitchen window but I can from mine and they are a very cheerful sight. I spotted these two in the 'Veg on the Edge' community garden in the corner of the car park in Saltaire. Different varieties have varying colourings and sizes but all of them provide a little burst of sunshine, quite welcome after the dull summer we've had. 

3 comments:

  1. A great year for sunflowers. Now I'm thinking I should try some in pots on my porch next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of them here too. I love that one on the right in your shot.

    ReplyDelete