Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 1 June 2023

Welsh poppies and other delights

Welsh poppies grow in abundance in my own tiny back garden and prolifically self-seed. I never planted any! They just arrived, springing up in the cracks between the paving stones and wherever they could find a little space. They all started out yellow but over the years some orange ones have crept in - and recently a few that are both orange and yellow, rather pretty. 

There were plenty at York Gate too, looking very attractive counterpointed by the blue forget-me-nots. I think the white flowers (above) are trilliums. 


I wanted to try some shots taken through a 'mist' of defocused flowers but I had difficulty finding a good spot to attempt that - added to which you really need a lens that opens up wider than mine does.  The allium below approximates to what I was trying to do. I'll have to get a bit more practice. 

Candelabra primulas by the pond looked pretty against the water, though it was tricky to get the right angle without trampling on the flower beds! 


4 comments:

  1. It’s nice to see poppies and forget-me-nots again when they are already gone in my part of the world. Candelabra looks like our Primula japonica. Allium is popping out nicely from “mist”. Thanks for your visit.
    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what pretty volunteer poppies (just like yours)! And those purple/pink flowers of all kinds! Nicely played with focus changing!

    ReplyDelete