Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 11 June 2023

Tree fantasia


I've taken so many photos of Saltaire itself over the years - and so have many other people! It's not that I get bored with it; the light changes, the seasons change, there's always something new. But it is difficult to come up with an original interpretation of such a well-known place. In nature however, the changes are more obvious and more rapid, from the march of the seasons to the ephemeral shifting of patterns and colours in water. It's those that I've lately found myself drawn to observe and photograph. While the trees were still bare, I was trying multi-exposures of their reflections in the river, like those above. I'm safe in the knowledge that each of those is unique - so unique that even I'd struggle to repeat them exactly. Whether they have any merit is a different matter, but they are pleasing me for now.

4 comments:

  1. I like all of those. For some reason I've stopped playing around like that with my images. I must be getting old and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting effects.

    ReplyDelete