Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 2 June 2023

Frozen


It was a rather challenging theme for May in my online photo group: 'Frozen'. Given that we're heading for summer here and in the last couple of weeks the weather has warmed up, clearly we weren't going to get any frost or snow! So... thinking cap on... I ended up freezing some Welsh poppy heads (I have plenty of them!) in water in a container and then propping the resulting very large ice cube up by the window so sunlight shone through it. It's not at all an original technique but I've never tried it before. As always, 95% of the images were useless but I got a couple I liked and decided this was the best composition. 

Hmm, that reminds me... gin and tonic, anyone? 

4 comments:

  1. Very creative! I'd have taken the easy way out and photographed a container of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and the outcome is exactly what a frozen flower should look like...not at all sad.

    ReplyDelete