Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 27 February 2023

In windows

I set out for a short local stroll quite late one afternoon and noticed how the sun was catching the old stained glass panels in the corner shop/bar on Caroline Street. I don't think the panels are original Victorian, though I may be wrong. Many of the stained glass panels in doors and windows around the village were added in the 1930s when they were fashionable. My iPhone rendered the scene with a rather drunken perspective... anyone would think I'd imbibed a few bottles of the wine in the window! 

Further down Victoria Road, the floristry display by Shipley College students in the Dining Hall window caught my eye. The round glass vase held a miniature reflection of Salts Mill, opposite, to echo the larger reflection in the window itself. 

Down on Albert Terrace some of the arched windows catch a neat reflection of the church tower, visible through the bare branches of the winter trees when it is highlighted by the setting sun. 

5 comments:

  1. These pictures neatly sum up the vibe of Saltaire (which I begin to think of as a place I know well, though it's only through your photos!). There must be a lot of work locally for glaziers who can cut glass to odd shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windows are magical, especially when captured by a good photographer like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love light through or reflected by glass...and these are so delightful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete