Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 7 November 2022

Museum of the Moon

I went to see Luke Jerram's 'Museum of the Moon' installation when it was on display recently in Bolton Priory Church. Seven metres in diameter and lit from within, it is made up of detailed NASA imagery of the lunar surface. Luke Jerram also created 'Gaia', a similar replica of the earth, which I went to see last year in Wakefield Cathedral (see HERE). 

I found the earth display more awe-inspiring, to be honest, but it is still amazing to see these illuminated spheres 'captured' and close, filling the whole nave of the church. Bolton Priory Church isn't very big and it was thronged with people, so it didn't feel as tranquil as I would have liked. Well worth seeing though. 

(I haven't even attempted to 'straighten the verticals' on most of these photos. Apologies for the drunken angles. They are all phone shots anyway, as you need a wide angle lens for this!) 


2 comments:

  1. It looks spectacular to me. I remember when you showed us earth.

    ReplyDelete