Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 22 November 2022

Postcards from Bath #9


Postcards from Bath #9: Evening light

True to its name, Bath proved to be rather wet! Normally that would put me off taking photos, and indeed I didn't bother carrying my big camera around, relying instead on my phone. To avoid the rain, I went into the Victoria Art Gallery, where there was a wonderful exhibition of oil paintings by a local artist, Peter Brown. (See HERE). He paints outside, in all weathers, so there were some evocative street scenes painted in the rain. His work inspired me to try a few shots in the wet streets when I came out. I think they are reasonably successful. 


The attractive shops on New Bond Street are listed buildings, dating back to 1780. At the end of one row, the building has a Royal Coat of Arms at the top and a niche containing a putto (a chubby, naked, male child).

 

I rather liked all the distinctive street signs, though 'Quiet Street' was anything but. 



4 comments:

  1. This is such an appealing place to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way wet streets become sources of light by the reflections. Those are really well done! Though I think the pink facade of flowers is a bit much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots work really well. You have made me want to visit Bath, something I had never considered before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, I have been remiss is blog reading for longer than suspected, Jenny, as I missed seeing the previous posts from Bath. That said, I will be backtracking to Day 1, however may not be leaving a comment on all. As always, your photos are lovely glimpses into a town. One of these years, I hope to visit the UK during holiday season so enjoyed seeing the lights in these photos.

    ReplyDelete