Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 13 November 2020

Roberts Park sunset

The best place from which to view a sunset locally is probably up on Baildon Moor. However, I wouldn't fancy being up there on my own in the dark so I have to make do with the next best place. I think that is arguably the footbridge across the river into Roberts Park, where at least there is the bonus of a reflection in the river itself. That reflection was quite extensive on this occasion, as the river had been swollen by several days of rain and was almost - but not quite - bursting its banks.

The best time to view a sunset locally (for me!) is this time of year, when the sun dips around 4.00 pm. We are so low in the valley that the actual sun disappears below the trees well before darkness falls. I'd love to see the church silhouetted against a really blazing sky but that rarely seems to happen, as far as I have ever noticed. You're more likely to see an effect of what appears to be a bonfire in the allotments behind the church, as below.  


 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely sunsets. Wow the sun starts disappearing at 4:00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the river reflecting the colorful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful shots Jenny but like Diane above I was surprised at the early sunset time 💛

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a beautiful & unusual church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, two really great sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete