Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 21 November 2020

Goit Stock Falls

The objective of our family walk was Goit Stock Falls, where Harden Beck tumbles over a rocky ledge on its journey down the valley. There was a fair amount of water cascading and the falls looked rather attractive. The protruding rocks produce a pretty, layered effect. I'm not too confident clambering over slippery boulders these days so I was unable to find a viewpoint beyond the tree, although it would have given a much better composition to my photo. 

The valley of Harden Beck is very pretty in parts, with several smaller falls along the walk. A few autumn leaves still holding on offered a welcome touch of colour. 

There was a bit of mist about. The sun was trying to get through but it never really managed to penetrate the wooded valley, so it was rather chillier than I'd expected. I guess I should now dig out my full 'winter gear' and weather-proof myself, since it's only walks like this that are keeping me sane and upbeat in these trying times. 



 

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful settings, and even more so with a bit of fall color still there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful walk. The waterfall looks like a lovely wedding veil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to walk. Yes walking in the woods is one of the best things to do in Lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez. I can't see how you could have gotten a better composition for your photo. I think the tree adds a lot. But I wasn't there. What a lovely scene you were in. And you came back with fine photos. I particularly like the last one, where the trees appear to be making their own light. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty place. I'd sit there with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The waterfall is a particular delight.

    ReplyDelete