Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 2 November 2020

Hebden Bridge mono


This is one I took ages ago, a variation of a shot I showed in colour in an earlier post. This is the Rochdale Canal in Hebden Bridge. I thought it converted well to a mono image and a square crop. The pigeon posed quite obligingly too. 

I just entered the image into a mono competition in my camera club and it was placed second. I'm thrilled to bits about that. It's the highest I have ever been placed and it was up against some really strong images. The judge said if he'd have taken it he'd have been doing a little happy dance right there on the towpath. Well, I wasn't, but I am now! Yay! 

7 comments:

  1. It belonged to my childhood dreams that one day the Rochdale would re-open. Your photo does full justice to this scenic waterway. I like this photo very much indeed. Congratulations on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The photograph is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely photo. Congrats! I liked the other one toO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! It's a cracking image and should have been awarded first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes indeed. Congratulations. But then, I think many of your photos should be award winning. I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete