Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 6 August 2023

Coppice Pond swans


I don't think I've ever seen so many mute swans on the Coppice Pond at Bingley St Ives, as well as all the ducks and gulls. There are at least two pairs who have cygnets, still grey and downy but growing fast, plus there are some more adults around too. There can't be many predators up there as both broods had about eight young ones. There are many changes around the lake. Much of its periphery has been fenced off, for fishermen and to allow more vegetation to grow and stabilise the lake's edge. The decking that jutted out over the lake is gone but the wooden fish sculpture is still there (see below). It's a lake that I always feel ought to be more picturesque than it is. Nevertheless, it's a short but pleasant walk around it.
These are just phone shots as I didn't have my camera with me. 

3 comments:

  1. That first picture! The swan cooperated perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks quite lovely in your shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wonder what the birds think of the sculpture.

    ReplyDelete